Study at the University of the West of Scotland
Established in 1897, the University of the West of Scotland is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the small city of Paisley (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Scotland. This institution also has branch campuses in the following locations: Ayr, Dumfries, Hamilton, London. Officially recognized/chartered by the Privy Council, the University of the West of Scotland (UWS) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 15,000-19,999 students) coeducational UK higher education institution.
The University of the West of Scotland (UWS) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 122 years old UK higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on students’ past academic record and grades. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment.
UWS also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aids and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses and distance learning opportunities, as well as administrative services.
- Established: 1992
- Students: 17,025 (2018/19)
- Intl. Student Ratio: 22%
- Location: Paisley Campus, Paisley, United Kingdom
- Campus: Five (Ayr, Dumfries, Lanarkshire Campus, London Campus, Paisley)
- TEF Ranking: Silver
- THE Ranking: 116th in the UK (501- 600 in the World)
The University of the West of Scotland covers a broad range of subjects at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. Find out more about what they offer and why it’s great to study at the University of the West of Scotland.
- Aircraft Engineering
- Applied Arts
- Fine Arts
- Museum Studies
- Performing Arts
- Religion and Theology
- Visual Arts
- Other Arts & Humanities Studies
- Business / Commerce / Management
- Communication and Media Studies
- Development Studies
- Library and Information Science
- Physical Education / Sport Science
- Political and International Studies
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer and IT Engineering
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Computer / Information Technology
- Energy / Environmental Studies
- Food Science
- Mathematics / Statistics
- Pharmacy / Pharmacology
According to Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021, The University of the West of Scotland is ranking at 501-600 in the world.
- Overall: n/a
- Teaching: n/a
- Research: n/a
- Citations: n/a
- Industry Income: n/a
- International Outlook: n/a
The University of the West of Scotland, formerly the University of Paisley, is a public university with four campuses in south-western Scotland, in the towns of Paisley, Blantyre, Dumfries and Ayr, as well as a campus in London, England. The present institution dates from August 2007, following the merger of the University of Paisley with Bell College, Hamilton.
- Ayr Campus University Avenue, Ayr, KA8 0SX, Scotland
- Dumfries Campus Dudgeon House, Dumfries, DG1 4ZN, Scotland
- Lanarkshire Campus Stephenson Place, Hamilton International Technology Park, G72 0LH, Scotland
- London Campus 235 Southwark Bridge Road, SE1 6NP, London
- Paisley Campus Paisley, PA1 2BE, Scotland