Study at the Queen Mary University of London
The Queen Mary University of London is a leading research-intensive university with a difference. Its history dates back to 1785 and beyond, with four founding institutions established to provide “hope and opportunity” to underprivileged members of society who faced significant barriers to education.
Today, Queen Mary is a global university with an ongoing commitment to improving lives locally, nationally, and internationally through teaching, research, and impactful outreach work.
With staff and students from over 160 nationalities across its community, Queen Mary is proud to be one of the most diverse higher education institutions in the world, and one whose undergraduate student profile is distinctive for a Russell Group University.
- Established: 1785
- Students: 20,560 (2018/19)
- Intl. Student Ratio: 45%
- Location: London, England
- Campus: Five (Mile End, Whitechapel, West Smithfield, Lincoln Inn’s Fields, Charterhouse Square)
- TEF Ranking: Silver
- THE Ranking: 13th in the UK (110th in the world)
The Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) covers a broad range of subjects at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. Find out more about what they offer and why it’s great to study at Queen Mary University.
- Biological & Biomedical Sciences
- Business & Management
- Chemical Sciences
- Comparative Literature
- Computer & Data Science
- Economics & Finance
- Film Studies
- Geography & Environmental Science
- Global Health
- Materials Science
- Modern Languages & Cultures
- Physics & Astronomy
- Politics & International Relations
According to Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021, The Queen Mary University of London ranks the 110th in the world.
- Overall: 61.1
- Teaching: 34.9
- Research: 43.6
- Citations: 97.4
- Industry Income: 41.5
- International Outlook: 96.8
As well as a global presence, the University is embedded in the heart of London’s dynamic East End, next to the tech and financial hub of the UK, with five well-connected campuses (Mile End, Whitechapel, Lincoln’s Inn Field, West Smithfield, and Charterhouse Square) and the rest of the capital – and the world – on its doorstep.
- Mile End Campus Mile End Road, London E1 4NS
- Whitechapel Campus Garrod Building, Turner Steet, Whitechapel, London E1 2AD
- Charterhouse Square Campus Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ
- West Smithfield Square Campus St Bartholomew’s Hospital, Barts and The London NHS Trust, West Smithfield, London EC1A 7BE
- Lincoln’s Inn Fields Campus 67-69 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JB