Table of Content hide
We have collected a list of questions for our students who would attend the UK student visa interviews. The questioner might ask a variety of questions from different groups. Every student should prepare themselves following the questions.
Why the UK?
- What is the Purpose of your trip?
- Why do you wish to study in the UK and not in the USA or your country?
- What if you get a UK degree here, would you like to go to the UK again for higher studies?
- Why did you select the UK for high Education? Isn’t this course offered by any University or college in UK/ India/ Australia/ Canada
About the university/college? (UK visa interview questions 2020)
- How many Universities did you apply?
- Which universities did you apply to (both admits and rejects)?
- Which universities accepted you?
- Why did you choose the University of ———— and how did you find about it?
- Can you mention the names of some Professors?
- Did you receive any scholarship?
- Where is your university located in the UK? Do you know how to reach ——?
- Which is your campus? Where is it located?
About your courses? (UK visa interview questions 2020)
- What course are you going for?
- Why did you select this course? Is it relevant to your previous studies?
- Why are you taking this course?
- What is the course structure and content?
- Why don’t you do this course in your country?
- How long will studies last?
- What is the scope of your course?
- What do you plan to study at university?
- What is the course commencement date?
- What will be the total cost of tuition?
- (if you have changed the field of specialisation, e.g. you have done BE Mechanical and now going for Masters in Business or Computer) why do you want to change your stream?
- What steps have you taken to ensure that you will be able to perform well in the new field you wish to change to?
- Where will you stay in the UK?
Your academic background?
- Where did you do your last course of study?
- What is your specialization?
- What is your higher school, degree or master’s % or grade?
- What are your subjects in the last course of study ( high school, degree or master)?
About your current job/business
- Show your Experience Certificate. (if applicable)
- (If you are currently working) Why are you leaving your current job?
- Can you show me your IELTS/ TOFEL/PTE
- Have taken any English Test ( in case English is waived)
- On what grounds you managed to get a waiver for English?
- Who took your interview? Was it through Skype/ telephonic or personal?
- Your scores are low? Why?
- Are you going for a pre sectional course? (for students going on pre seasonal English or those who are at B1 level)
- What is the duration of your Pre Sectional course?
- What is the fee of your pre sectional?
- Are you confident that after doing a processional course you will be able to move to B2 level?
About your family (UK visa interview questions 2020)
- What does your father do?
- How many brothers and sisters do you have?
- What is your father’s / family annual income?
- Where your brother/parents did complete their studies.
- Do you have a brother/sister, or any other relative already at this university or in the UK?
- Where did your brother/parents complete their studies?
- Are you married?
- Where is your spouse?
- Will your spouse accompany you?
- Your spouse profile/ profession/ qualifications/ background?
- Has your spouse been to the UK ? If yes, when and for how long?
- What proof do you have for marriage?
- For how long have you been married?
- Why have you decided to go to the UK after marriage?
- What is your spouse income?
Sponsor and financial details
- Have you got any Loans? What are the sources of income of your sponsor?
- How do you plan to repay your loan?
- What proof do you have that your sponsor can support your studies?
- Who is paying for your education and what is his/her income?
- Who is sponsoring you?
- Could you please show me the passbook or bank statements?
- How many people are dependents of your sponsor?
- How much money is available for your stay in UK?
- What is your tuition fee? How much have you paid? When and how?
- Have you got any scholarship?
- What will be your living expense?
- How will you pay your balance fees and manage living expense?
- What are you plans after completing your studies? Have you researched your career prospects?
- What will you do after completing BA/BSc/BS/PGD/MA/MBA/MS/MSc?
- What will you do after coming back to Home?
- How much money can you earn after your completion of studies?
- What are your future plans after completion of your studies?
- Do you intend to work in the UK during or after completion of your studies?
- How can you prove that you will come back after finishing your studies?
Relatives in the UK
- Do you have any relatives in the UK?
- Do you know anyone (in the UK) at your University?
- Have you ever visited any other country?
- Will you come back to home during summers?
- What will you do during the off period/semester?
- (for students who have done some course or degree from the UK and applying again) You have already done one degree or course from the UK?